If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentRCH Chronic Disease Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Job SummaryUnder the supervision of the Department Director, the Lead Ambulatory Telephone Triage Nurse will support the daily workflow and assist process development of the call center. This role will assist the Director to complete record audits as identified, provide summary of audit outcomes and ongoing departmental quality improvement recommendations. This role will be responsible for patient triage through telephonic nursing assessment, prioritization and subsequent care disposition recommendations utilizing identified decision support tools and collaboration with providers and other appropriate departments. The Triage Nurse will demonstrate performance consistent with professional standards and scope of practice, state and federal regulations, and licensing and accreditation standards.
- Monitor and support daily workflows to promote program efficiency and identify quality improvement opportunities.
- Assists leadership in the development of program goals and objectives. Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality programs that include best practice patient care outcomes.
- Responsible to complete departmental Kronos timely and accurately.
- Responsible to manage department caregiver scheduling to ensure consistent coverage.
- Responsible to develop, record and maintain departmental operational reports.
- Responsible to collaboratively develop, deploy and monitor departmental education.
- Assist to identify, develop and deploy program improvements.
- Complete assigned call/call documentation audits as directed by Department Director.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of an emergency and readily identify how to best support patients/families. Focus on patient safety and quality when applying appropriate nursing interventions.
- Utilize the nursing process wen interacting with a patient during a telehealth encounter.
- Employ decision support tools, clinical judgement, and available evidence to expedite a nursing diagnosis and disposition in a complete and organized manner, realizing limitations and seeking assistance as necessary.
- Utilize critical thinking and synthesis of objective and subjective data obtained during assessment to prioritize, identify, select and apply the appropriate decision support tools to each patient encounter.
- Communicates effectively using a variety of formats, tools and technologies to build professional relationships and to prioritize and deliver care across the continuum. Shares information and independently solve problems in a positive results oriented manner as evidenced by observation.
- Collaborates with patients, family members, caregivers and other health professionals in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Incorporates professional codes of ethics with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and unique attributes of every person.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply