If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryResponsible for the operation of the Milnor Tunnel Washer (CBW), press, and dryer system. Responsible for loading the conveyor system on the MILNOR tunnel washer (CBW) with the proper type and weight of soiled linens. Assisting and rotating with coworkers to maintain an efficient workflow, including learning and running the computer billing and requisition program. Responsible for proper operation of the spreader, iron and folder.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Required to start up the CBW in the morning, entering correct date and pertinent information, and shut down the CBW, following proper procedures, on a rotating basis.
- Required to pre-sort all linens as they are received in the laundry in a timely manner. Must maintain a constant and consistent flow of linens to the CBW.
- Required to check computer screens at conveyor and at the end of dryer line, enter proper linen wash codes and be able to troubleshoot error messages when alarm sounds.
- Required to start up spreader, iron and folder and shut them all down properly at the end of shift. Also required to know the proper settings of all switches to match the linen being processed.
- Checks with coworkers/supervisor/technician II on a regular basis to assure proper linens are being processed to meet any special requests and all scheduled deliveries.
- Required to fill outside orders correctly and neatly and to complete paperwork for each account.
- Required to post-sort and fold clean tumble-dried linen as needed, and in a timely manner, to maintain necessary linen flow and prevent excessive wrinkles in linen from sitting in carts for prolonged periods of time.
- Required to phone the main hospital and outside accounts to inform them of delays.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Medium work - Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyEnvironmental Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply