If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$62,899.20
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Laboratory Technical Consultant is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of nonwaived laboratories within the Monument Health system. The technical consultant is a CLIA required position for all laboratories performing nonwaived testing, and s/he ensures compliance with all laboratory regulatory and accreditation requirements. This position particularly supports the medical director(s) in Monument Health laboratories with few or no onsite personnel meeting the CLIA qualifications to include periodic onsite visits. The technical consultant has thorough knowledge of laboratory requirements pertaining to specimen collection, quality control (QC), individualized quality control plans (IQCP’s), proficiency testing (PT), test system validation/verification, quality assessment (QA), and training and competency assessment. This position provides inspection resources and plan of correction implementation and monitoring if necessary, as well as additional resources such as technical assistance, project management, and regulatory guidance for any laboratory testing, to include waived and PPM (provider performed microscopy), performed within Monument Health.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the designated laboratories, including periodic onsite review of documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements including, but not limited to, CLIA, CMS, COLA, CAP, and TJC.
- Assistance with laboratory test systems to include:
- Selection of test methodology appropriate for the clinical use of the test results.
- Verification of the test procedures performed and the establishment of the laboratory’s test performance characteristics.
- Ensuring the laboratory’s enrollment and successful participation in PT; developing and monitoring corrective action for PT as needed.
- Establishing and monitoring QC programs and IQCP’s, if applicable.
- Resolving technical problems and ensuring corrective action is completed whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s acceptable performance specifications.
- Develops, reviews, and revises collection or test procedures in conformance with regulatory and/or accreditation requirements.
- Implements and monitors QA activities and corrective action.
- Trains and assesses competency of testing personnel.
- Utilizes statistical parameters and software relating to linearity, accuracy, precision, method comparison, etc. as they apply to laboratory test methods.
- Collaborates with laboratory leadership, medical staff, and onsite testing personnel to standardize and implement laboratory methods and practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology/medical laboratory science
Certification: Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technology (MT) certification from ASCP, or registry of equal status
Experience: 3+ years of laboratory training/experience encompassing nonwaived testing in the specialties/subspecialties of hematology, routine chemistry, urinalysis, general immunology, bacteriology, mycology, and virology
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply