If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Laboratory Charge Capture Specialist is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of documents for facilitating proper charge capture and coding accuracy. Compares and reconciles daily patient schedules, census and/or registrations to billing for accurate charge submission.
- Perform daily charge reconciliation, ensuring charges are being captured, documented, and charged. Works with internal partners within to ensure this occurs daily and provides reports to manager and clinical departments as appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying, investigating and assisting in the issues delaying timely charge entry (e.g. completing demographics, finding and entering authorization numbers, gather charges from clinical departments timely).
- Accurately enter all charges into the billing system, reviews encounter forms for accuracy, ensures correct data entry of codes, and ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with required targets.
- Resolve all appropriate real-time edits produced due to billing edits via the batch or the user work file. The edits entail changes due to missing data elements, inappropriate modifiers based on payor rules, location changes due to PPG Payor Contracts or other specialty coding rules.
- Monitors and reports late charges. Works closely with revenue departments to minimize late charges not to exceed industry benchmarks.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Medical Office Experience; 1+ years Revenue Cycle Experience
Experience - 1+ years Medical Coding Experience; 3+ years of Accounts Receivable Experience; 3+ years of Claims Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply