If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryCoordinates multiple IT projects from inception to close including: project definition, scope development, scheduling, resource management, risk identification and mitigation, budget and cost tracking, quality assurance, testing and change control. Maintains and develops interfaces for Monument Health laboratory systems. Oversees all computer operations for MH Laboratories. Troubleshoots laboratory computer issues working with clients, lab staff and information systems department. Facilitates the interfacing of the Laboratory with Outreach clients. Provides statistical data as requested. Oversees CAP checklists, CAP inspections, and other regulatory requirements as related to laboratory information systems. Maintains a high level of customer service and meets Monument Health standards of performance.
- Monitors and resolves laboratory IT system errors.
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of the computer systems used to support the operation of the hospital.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of functions and programs of the Laboratory relative to accreditation standards and recommends procedural changes.
- Communicates effectively with customers and potential customers to diagnose client needs, identify system constraints, and provide operational support.
- Collaborates with Information Systems technicians, administrators and analysts to ensure efficient daily operations of laboratory computer systems.
- Develops training materials and coordinates training for customers/clients.
- Ensures adequate system testing, directs implementations, and verifies proper access requirements per policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Assists the Laboratory team in technical aspects of goals, objectives, tactics, and long-range planning of the Laboratory.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors Health Sciences
Experience - 1+ years of Information Technology Experience; 1+ years of Laboratory Experience; 1+ years of Project Management Experience
Certification - Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technology (MT) certification from ASCP, or registry of equal status
Education - Bachelors degree in Computer Information SystemsPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply