If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Laboratory Assistant II must be competent as a Laboratory Assistant I. Additionally, the Laboratory Assistant II will demonstrate a commitment to patient/family experience, quality, safety, and financial stewardship. Promotes a safe working environment and supports the department as needed. Manages daily workflow for Lab Assistants. Will perform additional duties such as culture set up, reference testing send outs, and other duties applicable to the department and facility. May also be assigned to other areas of the facility or laboratory system. May perform additional duties of similar complexity within Monument Health as required or assigned.
- Competent in all essential functions of a Laboratory Assistant I.
- Appropriate and effective management of daily Phlebotomist and Laboratory Assistant workflow.
- Orders and cancels appropriate test as needed or directed.
- Prepare and stain slides for testing. Set up cultures.
- Provides technical support by preparing paperwork and referral samples including performing order entry for specimens to be referred to outlying laboratories. Follows all standards for mailing infectious materials.
- Performs CLIA waived testing in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures.
- Inputs patient demographic and test requests. Correctly codes patient type, location, and order code.
- Assist with outpatient/admissions phlebotomy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Phlebotomy Blood Technician (PBT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) - National Phlebotomy Solutions
Education - NAACLS phlebotomy program
Experience - 1+ years in Clinical Laboratory and/or Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply