If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$17.69
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Laboratory Assistant II at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Laboratory Assistant II, you will be responsible for demonstrating a commitment to patient/family experience, quality, safety, and financial stewardship. You will promote a safe working environment and support the department by performing venipuncture and capillary punctures using the most appropriate phlebotomy device and properly collect and process specimens for testing.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Competent in all essential functions of a Laboratory Assistant I.
- Appropriate and effective management of daily Phlebotomist and Laboratory Assistant workflow.
- Orders and cancels appropriate test as needed or directed.
- Prepare and stain slides for testing. Set up cultures.
- Provides technical support by preparing paperwork and referral samples including performing order entry for specimens to be referred to outlying laboratories. Follows all standards for mailing infectious materials.
- Performs CLIA waived testing in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures.
- Inputs patient demographic and test requests. Correctly codes patient type, location, and order code.
- Assist with outpatient/admissions phlebotomy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Phlebotomy Blood Technician (PBT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) - National Phlebotomy Solutions or Phlebotomy Certification from accredited University or accredited training professionals or Phlebotomy Technician (PT) - American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Education - NAACLS phlebotomy program
Experience - 1+ years in Clinical Laboratory and/or Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply