If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Job SummaryThe Laboratory Assistant I is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to patient/family experience, quality, safety, and financial stewardship. Promotes a safe working environment and supports the department as needed. Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures using the most appropriate phlebotomy device. Specimens will be properly accessioned and processed for testing. All procedures will be performed under the philosophy and policies established by the facility and department. May perform additional duties of similar complexity within Monument Health as required or assigned.
- Establishes a cooperative working relationship with all caregivers, physicians, and leaders by promoting professionalism, compassion, and communication.
- Will be punctual and ready to fulfill the duties of the assigned shift.
- Obtains blood specimens accurately and quickly using proper technique with attention to performing AIDET, patient identification, patient care, safety, and infection control practices.
- Restocks supplies.
- Receives and processes samples delivered to the lab. Stores samples appropriately.
- Tracks add-on and extra samples, stores and discards specimens. Performs daily hold over logs and resolves sample problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and performs a variety of clerical and computer functions to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- Distributes specimens to the appropriate delivery point in each laboratory department.
- Answers the telephone in assigned sections.
- Involved in departmental and system wide quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years in Clinical Laboratory and/or Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply