If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$19.07
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe IV Pharmacy Technician is responsible for maintaining and complying with USP 797 and USP 800 standards regarding sterile compounding, hazardous compounding, cleaning, garbing, testing, and training of new technicians on proper procedure. Directing all aspects of sterile compounding under pharmacist supervision, monitoring competency of all compounding staff, and regularly working in the sterile compounding environment is required.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Responsible for monitoring and/or cleaning the sterile compounding area.
- Responsible for ensuring competency of all aspects of staff (both technicians and pharmacists) performing sterile compounding including, but not limited to cleaning, garbing, testing, training and proper compounding procedure.
- Works collaboratively with pharmacists to ensure compliance of USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
- Is able to properly utilize all equipment and acts as a resource for equipment upgrades or changes.
- Maintain and monitor proper documentation of compounding, cleaning, testing, and certification of equipment and compounding areas.
- Communicates appropriately with all department members.
- Acts as a leader to enforce proper procedure.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Essential Functions in Hospital Environment
- Must perform all essential functions of a Tech-Check-Tech technician and maintain TCT status in applicable areas.
- Creates and sends an order to the wholesaler and receives and restocks such order, as applicable to site. Monitors medication inventory to assure appropriate levels are maintained.
Additional Essential Functions in Home+ Environment
- Complete training and follow procedures for checking the work of another technician in providing IV supplies to patients and/or facilities.
- Function as a backup to the Pharmacy Specialist when needed.
- Take lead role in QAPI projects pertaining to the medication and compounding area.
- Responsible for medication and supply inventory management.
Registration - Registration within 30 days of hire - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Certification - Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) OR Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - National Healthcare Association (NHA)
Certifications - within 6-months of hire Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Work Experience - 3+ years of Sterile Processing Experience; 3+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years of Quality Assurance/Improvement ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Medium work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-66% of the time), and or up to 50 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply