If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe IV Pharmacy Technician is responsible for maintaining and complying with USP 797 and USP 800 standards regarding sterile compounding, hazardous compounding, cleaning, garbing, testing, and training of new technicians on proper procedure. Directing all aspects of sterile compounding under pharmacist supervision, monitoring competency of all compounding staff, and regularly working in the sterile compounding environment is required.
- Responsible for monitoring and/or cleaning the sterile compounding area.
- Responsible for ensuring competency of all aspects of staff (both technicians and pharmacists) performing sterile compounding including, but not limited to cleaning, garbing, testing, training and proper compounding procedure.
- Works collaboratively with pharmacists to ensure compliance of USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
- Is able to properly utilize all equipment and acts as a resource for equipment upgrades or changes.
- Maintain and monitor proper documentation of compounding, cleaning, testing, and certification of equipment and compounding areas.
- Communicates appropriately with all department members.
- Acts as a leader to enforce proper procedure.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Essential Functions in Hospital Environment
- Must perform all essential functions of a Tech-Check-Tech technician and maintain TCT status in applicable areas.
- Creates and sends an order to the wholesaler and receives and restocks such order, as applicable to site. Monitors medication inventory to assure appropriate levels are maintained.
Additional Essential Functions in Home+ Environment
- Complete training and follow procedures for checking the work of another technician in providing IV supplies to patients and/or facilities.
- Function as a backup to the Pharmacy Specialist when needed.
- Take lead role in QAPI projects pertaining to the medication and compounding area.
- Responsible for medication and supply inventory management.
Registration - Registration within 30 days of hire - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Certification - Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Certifications - within 6-months of hire Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Work Experience - 3+ years of Sterile Processing Experience; 3+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years of Quality Assurance/Improvement ExperiencePhysical Demands
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply