If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$27.75
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As an IR Tech at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As an IR Tech, you will promote a cooperative and professional atmosphere with an emphasis on patient care. You will also perform a variety of technical aspects that require judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in applying ionizing radiation to obtain diagnostic images.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Acquires and archives for the procedure. Demonstrates competency in imaging and archiving procedures.
- Before the patient arrives in the room, prepares the procedure tray according to the Physician’s preference, following sterile technique, with no more than five complaints per year.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of CR/DR, Fluoroscopy, quality control, image processing, and demonstrates the ability to plan own work. Assists physicians in performing procedures. Provides learning environment.
- Demonstrates competence in collimation, positioning of equipment and patient in such a way as to present a clear, undistorted view and consistently produces images of high diagnostic quality.
- Documents appropriate information in patients chart.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Examines requisition for appropriate orders, exam date, indication for exam. Reprints corrected requisition.
- Is able to consistently determine quality diagnostic images. Consistently presents high quality images to the Radiologists and/or Cardiologists for interpretation.
- Operates fluoroscopy during specified exams under the physician’s supervision.
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) - Accredited Facility or Institution
Education - Associates: Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Cardiovascular Medicine Experience; 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
Certification - (ARRT)(R)(CV) American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification in Cardiovascular interventional Radiology
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS IR
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply