If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryEducation and Research
DepartmentRCH Respiratory Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryThe Clinical or Non-Clinical Intern performs all procedures that are within their “scope of competency” as ordered by a physician, as directed by the department leader, or as defined by the departmental scope of services. The Intern gathers information, sets up and operates equipment, monitors and records all procedures performed in accordance with department policy and procedure manual. Serves patients and customers with regards to age specific / cultural diversity needs. Performs other duties as assigned for the optimum performance of the department.
- Performs procedures according to physician order, policy and procedure, established standards, certifications and South Dakota State Licensure.
- Reviews pertinent information such as patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data sets to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for assessment and validation of task(s) assigned. Seeks guidance from assigned preceptor or a member of the management team as needs are identified and when faced with more complex procedures.
- Observes, records, and reports the patient’s condition and reaction to treatment per departmental policy.
- Demonstrates technical skill and accuracy in performing basic clinical and non-clinical tasks.
- All other duties as assigned.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply