If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThe Medical Oncology Registered Nurse works directly with adolescent, adult, and geriatric oncology patients undergoing active chemotherapy treatment in the outpatient setting. The Medical Oncology RN is responsible for the dose calculation and administration of chemotherapy treatment plans as established by the Medical Oncologist. Patient care responsibilities include biopsychosocial assessment, education, and follow up nursing care. Will work with cancer patients through their active, palliative, and end of life care in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act. The Medical Oncology Nurse consistently employs patient and family-centered care to promote safety, quality, and satisfaction.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates the ability to administer chemotherapy treatments in accordance with national standards and hospital policy
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
- Prioritizes and organizes delivery of care in a consistent manner. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Initiates Interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Provides education for patients and families receiving chemotherapy treatments.
- Instructs patient/family/team in treatment plan and goals.
- Initiates authorization process for all new chemotherapy /supportive care treatments, as well as diagnostic tests through referral to patient navigators.
- Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and initiates appropriate actions as evidenced by observation and chart review.
- Participates in orienting, teaching, guiding the performance of personnel and/or students.
- Participates in departmental processes/functions to improve departmental efficiency and financial viability.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Acute Experience; 1+ years of Oncology Experience
Certification - Oncology Nursing Certification (ONC) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentSPH Infusion Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Employee TypeRegular 62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply