If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentCS Infection Control
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Infection Preventionist position works under the direction of the Monument Health Director of Infection Prevention. The Infection Preventionist position is responsible for the surveillance program (data and observational); and implementing, facilitating, and monitoring infection control prevention standards that impact patients, visitors, volunteers and Healthcare workers. The Infection Preventionist serves as a resource and provides education to providers and caregivers regarding interpretation of policies, procedures, and practice. The Infection Preventionist is responsible for assisting with the development of policies and procedures to ensure rigorous infection control standards meet the recommendations and requirements of the Joint Commission, Centers for Medicaid/Medicare Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other national organized agencies. The Infection Preventionist participates in safe and quality patient care by identifying risks and initiating appropriate interventions and their outcomes.
- Applies epidemiologic principles and statistical methods, including risk stratification, to identify target population, analyze trends, and risk factors, and design and evaluate prevention and control strategies.
- Conducts ongoing surveillance using CDC infection criteria, documentation, and investigation of nosocomial infections through review of admission diagnosis, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, post-discharge surveillance findings.
- Conducts patient and environmental rounds in all inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Participate in investigations of unusual hospital infection outbreaks utilizing the microbiology laboratory, consultation with Infectious Disease Division, county/state public health departments, and when necessary in consultation with the Center for Disease Control.
- Report epidemiologically significant findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Participate in quality/performance improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and measuring nosocomial infections and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Assist in the organization of regularly scheduled Hospital Infection Control meetings and dissemination of recommendations hospital-wide education.
- Plan, organize, develop and implement educational programs for all hospital employees including administrative and ancillary services which convey specialized knowledge and skills to increase employee awareness of existence of nosocomial infections; techniques for avoidance and preventive measures to provide a safe environment for hospital employees and patients.
- Develop appropriate informational materials at appropriate level of understanding and need.
- Assists collecting data, assessing market needs, and developing and implementing the annual Infection Control Plan.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and available resource on infection control practices and policies to patients, families, staff, and caregivers.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Diploma in Nursing and/or Associates degree in Nursing or Bachelors in Health Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Infection Control Experience; 3+ years of Healthcare Experience
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Infection Control Certification (CIC) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply