If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Job SummaryThe Hospital Coordinator is responsible for the direction and delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process and standards either directly or through appropriate delegation. The Nursing Supervisor coordinates the hospital activities and staffing, considering skills, patient acuity, and age related needs. The Hospital Coordinator is responsible for managing the nursing staff in their performance of services for patients. The role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned based upon facility need or requirements.
- Displays knowledge and demonstrates support of hospital policies and procedures to facilitate optimum utilization of hospital resources.
- Facilitates communication among the organization's personnel, patients and families, public, medical staff, law enforcement, media and other institutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide leadership in the management, organization and performance of specialized patient care. Teaches staff on a formal and informal basis regarding specific issues of the specialized patient care population. Shares clinical expertise with staff.
- Consistently uses verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills that reflect professional standards as evidenced by observation and feedback
- Acts as a resource to staff, patients and families regarding patient care. Facilitates efficient, appropriate, coordinated care to help ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Provides appropriate staffing levels while being fiscally responsible with productivity standards. Adjusts patient assignments to ensure safe patient care according to patient acuity. Delegates responsibilities with a professional, objective approach.
- Actively participates in formulation, review, and revision of hospital/nursing/unit specific policies and procedures as evidenced by observation.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and direct care in an emergency situation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing
Certifications - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certifications - Donor Requestor Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Experience - 1+ years of Charge Nurse Experience; 5+ years of Ambulatory Experience; 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply