If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryAdheres to the highest laboratory standards, in order to prepare MOHs tissue samples, by embedding, cutting, staining, and cover slipping for the provider to review, in an efficient and accurate manner. Policy and procedure updates to follow CLIA regulations, and helps with any changes needed that is recommended by CLIA. Makes sure the laboratory is supplied with the appropriate reagent and supplies to assure smooth workflow.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement, Health and Flexible Spending Accounts
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Actively participates in reviewing and updating laboratory policies and procedures to comply with state and federal regulations. Assists in training staff when needed.
- Adheres to the highest laboratory standards in order to prepare tissue samples for the provider, in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Must exhibit good technical judgment and decision-making skills when dealing with unexpected situations. Confers with appropriate staff when necessary. Responds correctly to pressure situations. Documents and communicates results to the appropriate Healthcare professional.
- Plays an active role in daily and preventative maintenance of all equipment. Recognizes instrument problems and troubleshoots accordingly. Assures that all supplies are adequate and is responsible for ordering supplies.
- Responsible for cutting, staining and preparing sample tissues under microscope for physician review and may also assist in the examination of tissues in order to determine disease or abnormality.
- Clerical and documentation duties are performed accurately and efficiently.
- Inventories, replenishes and submits orders for supplies as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Education - Completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnician program or Associate degree
Certification - HT or HTL certificate from the American Society of Clinical Pathology
Experience - 1+ years of Related Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
DepartmentMHMC-SP Dermatology E. Colorado Blvd. Laboratory
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply