If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$18.32
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Help Desk Specialist, with guidance from senior staff, provides customer support, service and technical support through analysis and problem resolving to enable installation, maintenance, education, implementation and documentation of a variety of software and hardware technologies using remote communication, shoulder to shoulder, or through phone to the caregivers.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Document processes and activities appropriately to maintain highly reliable IT systems. Provide required elements to Call Tracking, Project Management, Change Management, and Disaster Recovery Services Guides to achieve this goal.
- Provide support to the organization, division, and peers as a critical function of all IT professionals. Support includes day-to-day peer level support, emergent after hours support, and any support required to maintain highly reliable IT systems.
- Provides customer support for IT hardware, software and supporting systems, including but not limited to systems and equipment necessary to use: PC operating system software, PC-based application software, Healthcare information systems, and data storage equipment. Responds to service requests in a timely manner, resolving effectively through appropriate procedures, tools and applications. For diagnosed user errors, works with customer to achieve mutual understanding of proper methods and techniques.
- Provides support to users, IT Staff and leadership on current problems through effective troubleshooting, monitoring and execution. Performs effective and logical troubleshooting techniques to quickly identify root causes and resolutions using established procedures, job knowledge and relevant experience. Utilizes procedures, help sheets and frequently asked questions.
- Provides relevant and accurate information to users, IT staff and leadership. Documents service requests timely, completely and accurately to effectively inform users and IT staff.
- Monitors and reports status on systems to IT staff and timely escalates problematic events. Conducts actions to resolve, suspend and/or engage appropriate workgroups, users or systems. Provides reports and current updates on monitored systems.
- Supports the Help Desk’s operational activities including reporting, coverage and responsibilities. Ensures the Operation’s Daily check lists and all other daily logs are accurately documented and fully completed.
- Ensures appropriate user access to computer systems, while troubleshooting user access issues, including assigning and resetting passwords. Ensures account information is accurately reflected in the appropriate user access tracking system.
- Processes new user identification badge requests in accordance with established procedures. Ensures appropriate user access to physical locations, while troubleshooting badge issues
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of the computer systems used to support the operation of the hospital.
- Troubleshoot and support Virtual Desktops.
- Troubleshoot and support teleconference and video equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Education - Associates degree in Information Systems or Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Computer/Information Technology Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Certification - A+ Certification - CompTIA
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Job FamilyHelp Desk
DepartmentCS IT Partner Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply