If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryAssist the nursing staff in providing efficient, effective and safe patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patient served, utilizing communication, and clerical skills. This is based on the knowledge of growth and development over the life span. The care is provided under the direction of the nurse in accordance with accepted hospital standards, policies, unit specific competencies and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement, Health and Flexible Spending Accounts
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Completes all assigned clerical activities.
- Contributes to patient care in accordance with unit guidelines.
- Contributes to the permanent document of patient data.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and initiates appropriate responses.
- Able to prioritize physician's orders and initiate appropriate action in a timely manner as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Accurately transcribes physician's orders as evidenced by chart review/audit.
- Acts as a receptionist and participates in admission, discharge, and transfer of patients as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Utilizes sound judgment in the reporting of data and in the provision of patient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Clerical Experience; 1+ years of Medical Terminology ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentRCH Emergency Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Employee TypeRegular10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply