If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$16.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Guest Services Specialist offers outstanding customer service to our patients, patient’s family members and representatives and other Monument Health caregivers via face-to-face interaction, email and phone. You will provide prompt, courteous and customer-oriented services to patients and visitors and will exemplify a service culture by providing caring experiences, positive first and last impressions and serves as a liaison to Monument Health resources and caregivers. You will make recommendations and offer suggestions, as well as fulfill patient requests to satisfy their needs. This position requires exemplary hospitality skills, knowledge of the facility and local area, work in a challenging environment and an ability to exceed the needs of people during one of their most challenging times in life. The Guest Service Specialist collaborates with other Monument Health caregivers, leaders and volunteers to make patient and guest experiences as positive and effortless as possible.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Provide uncompromising service to hospital patients and their visitors by arranging personal and convenience services.
- Greet and assist patients and visitors within and around the hospital (Wayfinding).
- Visit newly admitted patients via rounds to introduce program and provide information.
- Visit patients scheduled for discharge to follow up on remaining requests and briefly evaluate the stay.
- Promote meaningful relationships through engaging and informed conversation with patients and visitors via face to face interaction, phone and email.
- Track accomplishments and challenges, constantly evaluating service levels and reporting them to direct supervisor.
- Coordinate purchases from the gift shop and deliver items to the patients’ room.
- Assists with food orders.
- Order flowers and gifts.
- Patient Transport to/from rooms via wheelchair.
- Provide driving directions and print maps.
- Research local hotel suggestions and make transportation arrangements.
- Enter all patient and visitor requests into a central database.
- Project an approachable and professional image at all times.
- Maintain a general understanding of events occurring at the hospital.
- Respond to patient and visitor requests in a professional, courteous and timely manner, without exception.
Education - High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Certification - Eligible to become a Notary Public for the State of South Dakota
Education - Bachelors degree
Experience - 2 years of customer service experience, 1 years front desk, concierge, or other hospitality experienceLight work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryPatient Services
Job FamilyCommunity Outreach
DepartmentCS Customer Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply