If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentCS Customer Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Guest Services Specialist offers outstanding customer service to our patients, patient’s family members and representatives and other Monument Health caregivers via face-to-face interaction, email and phone. You will provide prompt, courteous and customer-oriented services to patients and visitors and will exemplify a service culture by providing caring experiences, positive first and last impressions and serves as a liaison to Monument Health resources and caregivers. You will make recommendations and offer suggestions, as well as fulfill patient requests to satisfy their needs. This position requires exemplary hospitality skills, knowledge of the facility and local area, work in a challenging environment and an ability to exceed the needs of people during one of their most challenging times in life. The Guest Service Specialist collaborates with other Monument Health caregivers, leaders and volunteers to make patient and guest experiences as positive and effortless as possible.
- Provide uncompromising service to hospital patients and their visitors by arranging personal and convenience services.
- Greet and assist patients and visitors within and around the hospital (Wayfinding).
- Visit newly admitted patients via rounds to introduce program and provide information.
- Visit patients scheduled for discharge to follow up on remaining requests and briefly evaluate the stay.
- Promote meaningful relationships through engaging and informed conversation with patients and visitors via face to face interaction, phone and email.
- Track accomplishments and challenges, constantly evaluating service levels and reporting them to direct supervisor.
- Coordinate purchases from the gift shop and deliver items to the patients’ room.
- Assists with food orders.
- Order flowers and gifts.
- Patient Transport to/from rooms via wheelchair.
- Provide driving directions and print maps.
- Research local hotel suggestions and make transportation arrangements.
- Enter all patient and visitor requests into a central database.
- Project an approachable and professional image at all times.
- Maintain a general understanding of events occurring at the hospital.
- Respond to patient and visitor requests in a professional, courteous and timely manner, without exception.
- Must be available for support 7 days a week.
Education - High Scholl Diploma or GED equivalent
Certification - Eligible to become a Notary Public for the State of South Dakota
Experience - 2 years of customer service experience and Microsoft office, Microsoft Word, Internet searching and keyboarding.
Education - Bachelors degree
Experience - 1 years front desk, concierge, or other hospitality experienceLight work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply