If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$15.62
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryResponsible for implementing collection policies and procedures and telephoning, interviewing and counseling patients with the primary goal of collecting outstanding balances. Responsible for the review analysis of outstanding account balances for all accounts. Interviews and counsels patients regarding payment arrangements. Conducts a variety of tasks related to accelerate payment of outstanding account balances. Attempts to anticipate any and all problems related to payment of accounts attempts to solve these problems. Other duties as assigned.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Contacts debtors and/or third party payers by telephone and obtains payment on outstanding account balances in accordance with established collection guidelines, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
- Demonstrates application of follow up processes necessary to ensure prompt, appropriate reimbursement of services and supplies billed to third parties and appropriate payment of services and supplies due from patients, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
- Effectively communicates pertinent information regarding reimbursement activities and personnel needs to promote a positive work environment.
- Recognizes accounts that are repeatedly delinquent or otherwise in the absence of acceptable payment terms and regularly transfers those accounts to the appropriate collection agency or a Bad Debt Pending status.
- Recognizes problem situations in the reimbursement process and initiates an appropriate response as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
- Understands system and business practice concepts and work approaches used to systematically pursue ever-higher levels of performance. Understands or demonstrates understanding of strategic planning, research, and development and analysis processes that do not normally imply formal sequences of steps. Further understands or demonstrates understanding that high-performance work approaches are necessary to align the organization's efforts, as evidenced by improved customer relations' focus, quality initiatives, financial performance, and operational performance.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Analyzes and reviews all Explanation of Benefits for payment according to signed contract.
- Assists with the daily operation of the Business Office through the processing of all personal and insurance payments. Communicates with patients and handles billing issues by contacting third party payers regarding payments. Ensures all third party payers are paying according to signed contract.
- Conducts timely follow up of client accounts as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Billing/Collections Experience; 1+ years of HealthCare Administration Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyPatient Financial Counseling
DepartmentMHMC-SP Ortho E. Colorado Blvd. Clinic Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply