If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$22.68
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Exercise Physiologist is responsible for the education, monitoring, exercise prescription, improved functional capacity, and risk factor management of cardiac and pulmonary patients. They promote wellness through community screenings and programs. They work cooperatively with other exercise specialists, registered nurses, dieticians and other Healthcare providers. Cross trained to work in other areas, such as diabetic education, EKG, and stress testing.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Acts as a Care Coordinator for Phase 2 and 3 participants. Evaluates each participant’s clinical progress on daily basis. Establishes individual participant goals and optimizes cardiac risk factor management.
- Participates in wellness screenings. Performs biometric screening. Provides education, assists in goal setting, and assessment of risk factors/lifestyle changes.
- Demonstrates proficient assessment skills. Demonstrates recognition of arrhythmias, adverse symptoms, and medication side effects. Communicates and documents untoward events to appropriate staff and/or physicians.
- Establishes rapport with patient and family. Instructs and answers questions. Explains reasons for therapy to patient and family.
- Identifies and promotes cardiopulmonary referrals.
- Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Provides an individual exercise program for Phase 2 and 3 participants.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to plan of care.
- Initiates Interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or Exercise and Sports Science
Experience - 1+ years of Cardiology Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Rehabilitation Experience
Education - Masters degree in Health Related Field
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA); Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP) - American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply