If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$15.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryProvides a clean, safe, sanitary, and aesthetically pleasing environment for residents, patients, visitors, and hospital staff. Performs other duties as assigned by department manager, supervisors, and/or charge persons.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Employee completes checklists accurately for shampooing, buffing, bed washing, furniture cleaning and refrigerators. Enters all work orders in the computer.
- Employee has sufficient knowledge, through in-services, to operate equipment using proper procedures, with no more than 1 valid complaint as verified by routine inspection.
- Employee understands and follows proper disposal procedures for hazardous and medical waste in accordance with established guidelines, with no more than one valid complaint as verified by routine inspection.
- Provides a safe environment through the proper operation, care and storage of equipment.
- Reports all broken equipment and damage to hospital property to supervisor or charge person of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Housekeeping/Custodian ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyEnvironmental Services
DepartmentSPH Environmental Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply