If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryAssist the Physician and RN in providing efficient, effective and safe patient care appropriate to the GI procedure, based on the Standards of Practice of SGNA, ASGE and Infection Control.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Responsible and accountable for the cleaning, disinfection and maintenance of all equipment with safety of the patient being the number one priority according to the SGNA Standards of Practice.
- Equipment and supplies are available at all times as needed to provide safe, cost effective care for patients.
- Performs the technical procedures necessary for job responsibilities in a safe, effective and professional manner. Takes timely action and appropriately anticipates RN and Physician needs for each procedure.
- A computer inventory of all supplies is established and kept current, utilizing the Bar Coding process for Endoscopy supply areas.
- Initiates the appropriate checks when setting up equipment for GI procedure(s).
- Keeping BCLS current and be able to assist if needed in an emergency as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Reports actual/potential problems to the appropriate individual(s) as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Setup selected equipment and supplies for Endoscopy procedures as evidenced by observation and has basic problem-solving knowledge of all Endoscopy equipment and is able to troubleshoot during malfunction as evidenced by observation and feedback. Assists with the workflow of the unit, cleaning and restocking of procedure room after each patient, and assists with patient data records and charges.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Computer/Information Technology Experience
Certification - Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associations, Inc. (SGNA) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply