If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryProvide emergency medical services.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Clinical performance utilizes a progressive effort to provide patient care.
- Completes requirements for department specific education as evidenced by successful completion of required classes, and by documentation, observation, and feedback.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply cardiac monitor to a patient correctly.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize an emergency and initiate appropriate response, as evidenced by documentation and observation.
- Performs procedures and treatments according to EMS standards and department protocols as evidenced by documentation and observation.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Driver's License - State; EMT Certificate - South Dakota Department of Health
Experience - 1+ years of Emergency Medical Technician Experience
Certifications - Advanced EMT Certificate - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic ExaminersPhysical Requirements:
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyEmergency Services
DepartmentLDH Ground Ambulance
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 60 Monument Health Lead Deadwood Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply