If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH CV Diagnostics
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Job SummaryThe EKG Technician is responsible for providing quality 12 lead and 15 lead EKG's, 24 and 48 hour Holter Monitoring, Signal Average EKG's, Event Monitors, and proper editing of all Holter Monitor reports and EKG’s, including outreach information. EKG Technicians are also responsible for working in the different areas in Cardiac Services; to assist patient preparation for procedures and may assist in each area of Cardiac Rehabilitation. The EKG Technician works cooperatively with registered nurses, exercise physiologists and specialists, cardiac sonographers, other EKG Technicians, and other Healthcare professionals. The EKG Technician serves patients of all ages.
- Accurately screen patients prior to their arrival, based upon medical history and medication list, to anticipate which patients will need EKG or ABI.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the completion of vitals and EKGs.
- Perform ABI and staple or suture removals.
- Clinical performance of / assistance with non-invasive testing: blood pressures, preparing patients for various stress tests and transporting patients.
- Complete vital signs and EKG.
- Daily operation of the Tracemaster EKG System.
- Assist the nursing staff with clerical and clinical duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of EKG/EEG/ECG Experience
Education - Associates degree in Related Field
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply