If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryEEG Technician Level I performs all routine and special electrodiagnostic procedures as ordered by the provider. Is familiar and experienced with all equipment and procedures in the department. An EEG Technician Level I serves neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics with regards to age specific/cultural diversified needs.
- Within scope of certification/ license, performs all electrodiagnostic service protocols, procedures, and assessments that have been ordered by a provider.
- Performs all facets of electroencephalographic (EEG) and EMG in the diagnostic laboratory, patient bedside, or outpatient clinic in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Performs all neurodiagnostic procedures for diagnostic purposes and maintains records of reports.
- Performs daily calibrations and periodic maintenance of all diagnostic testing equipment, records results on maintenance records per departmental policy and reference manuals. Reports equipment problems to the department leadership.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies necessary to the function of the diagnostic laboratory.
- Reviews patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from Director/Supervisor and Medical Director for unresolved issues.
- Properly completes charges for billing. Makes accurate records in department logbook and processes all other department and hospital paperwork.
- Consistently assess, identify, demonstrate the ability to communicate and address special needs of patients that are appropriate to the patient specific age group (neonates Birth - 1 month), (pediatrics 1 month – 12 years), (adolescent 1 years), (adults 1 years), (Geriatric 65+ years) when directly or indirectly providing treatment, testing or patient care and assess their level of understanding.
- Participates in the evaluation of customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Guest Relation Standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) within three months of hire; Electroencephalography (EEG) Technician Registered - American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) within one year of hire;
Experience - 1+ years of EKG/EEG/ECG Experience
Education - Diploma/ Degree in NeurodiagnosticsPhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply