If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryEEG Technologist Level II performs all routine and special electrodiagnostic procedures as ordered by the provider. Procedures may occur in the diagnostic laboratory, patient bedside, or in the operating room. The Technologist is responsible to provide direct training and assistance to others as needed. Is familiar and experienced with all equipment and procedures in the department. An EEG Technologist Level II serves neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics with regards to age specific/cultural diversified needs.
- Within scope of certification/ license, performs all electrodiagnostic service protocols, procedures, and assessments that have been ordered by a provider.
- Performs all facets of electroencephalographic (EEG) testing, EMG testing, evoked potential (EP) testing, intraoperative SSEP, MEPs and other modalities in the operating room, diagnostic laboratory, or patient bedside/ exam room in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Performs all neurodiagnostic procedures for diagnostic purposes and maintains records of reports.
- Performs daily calibration and periodic maintenance of all diagnostic testing equipment, records results on maintenance records per departmental policy and reference manuals. Reports equipment problems to the department leadership.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies necessary to the function of the diagnostic laboratory.
- Reviews patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from Director/Supervisor and Medical Director for unresolved issues.
- Properly completes charges for billing. Makes accurate records in department logbook and processes all other department and hospital paperwork.
- Assists other members of the staff maintain skills in performing diagnostic testing.
- Consistently assess, identify, demonstrate the ability to communicate and address special needs of patients that are appropriate to the patient specific age group (neonates Birth - 1 month), (pediatrics 1 month – 12 years), (adolescent 1 years), (adults 1 years), (Geriatric 65+ years) when directly or indirectly providing treatment, testing or patient care and assess their level of understanding.
- Participates in the evaluation of customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Guest Relation Standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Electroencephalography (EEG) Technician Registered - American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET)
Experience - 3+ years of EKG/EEG/ECG Experience
Education - Diploma/ Degree in Neurodiagnostics
Certification - Board of Neurophysiologic Monitoring (ABNM) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply