If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$17.84
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As an Emergency Department Technician at Monument Health, you can begin your healthcare career with no experience necessary. You will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As an Emergency Department Tech, you will assist the nursing staff in providing excellent, effective, and safe patient care appropriate to the diagnosis of the patient. Continual support will help build knowledge and skills needed to provide best in class care and demonstrate cohesive teamwork.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Contributes to the delivery of patient care in accordance with the patient plan of care, utilizing age specific growth and development guidelines as delegated by the nurse.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify an emergency situation and initiates appropriate responses.
- Documents ongoing patient status in the triage log/patient record for patients in waiting/patient room.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate PAR levels of medical supplies that are both stock and non-stock in patient rooms
- Participates in admission, discharge and transfer process.
- Reports immediately any changes in patient status or pertinent patient information to the nurse.
- Responds in a timely manner to patient/family requests and communicates patient needs to appropriate nursing personnel.
- Supports activities that promote an efficient and cost effective unit.
- Supports and assists with patient care activities in collaboration with the nurse/charge nurse.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Acute Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Certification - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
Job FamilyEmergency Services
DepartmentRCH Emergency Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply