If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThe Ambulatory Director is responsible for all facets of day to day practice operations, typically for one or more, smaller to medium sized clinic(s). Provides effective leadership and accountability for ambulatory care operations including excellence in patient care and safety, patient experience, physician and caregiver engagement and retention, financial and community stewardship.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Oversees all functions of the clinic including but not limited to scheduling, registration, referral management and patient access, revenue cycle management, provider recruitment, imaging, laboratory, and clinical services. Serves as a liaison to corporate service departments that provide and/or support these services.
- Oversees and ensures efficient clinic operations, ensuring a high level of patient care, quality, service, and productivity. Demonstrates strong knowledge of care delivery systems and implements evidence-based best practices. Provides operational and technical direction. Continually monitors the functioning of the clinic(s), resolves problems, and revises operations as needed. Monitors key performance indicators and identifies and implements areas for improvement.
- Supports the organizations purpose, vision, values, and strategic priorities. Develops, implements, and oversees processes to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved.
- Actively supports, maintains, and promotes organization quality initiatives. Communicates and educates physicians and caregivers as necessary to ensure organizational understanding and compliance with quality standards.
- Responsible for the overall patient experience and resolves any patient concerns in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and develops professional relationships with physicians and advanced practice providers. Responsible for provider relations including practice management, orientation and onboarding, and proactive problem resolution.
- Develops, manages, and is accountable for annual operating and capital budgets. Controls expenditures within approved budget.
- Performs human resource responsibilities including interviewing and selection of new caregivers, coaching and development, performance appraisals, conflict resolution, corrective actions and terminations.
- Provides exceptional leadership and promotes teamwork and collaboration. Is accountable for the overall engagement of physicians and caregivers by creating an environment in which people feel valued and respected.
- Plans and facilitates regularly scheduled provider and caregiver meetings.
- Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and governmental agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status.
- Determines physical maintenance, facility, and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates with internal and external resources.
- Participates in community activities and builds and maintains positive community partnerships/relationships.
- Performs work on projects, special assignments, committees, and other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent knowledge) in business administration, health care administration, nursing, or other related field.
Certifications - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Typically requires 3+ years of experience in health care setting including knowledge in medical group practice management and ambulatory clinic operations. Includes at least one year or more of supervisory experience in managing staff.
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentMHMC-Custer Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
50 Monument Health Custer Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply