If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryThe Medical Staff Services Director works closely with VP of Medical Affairs, Chief of Staff, other Medical Staff leaders, the Safety and Risk Management Department, Physician Recruitment and Patient Financial Service to deliver high quality of care.
This role is critical in advancing our mission to “Make a difference, Every Day” and to provide support to physician leaders. The Director providers support to a team of 14 as well as medical staff service department operations as it relates to provider credentialing, privileging, medical staff functions, provider and facility enrollment, bylaws, and medical staff governance processes.
The Director is the administrative liaison between the medical staff (5 independent hospital locations for Monument Health System) and hospital administration as mandated by the hospital’s Board of Directors. Leadership accountability will be expected in managing practitioner competency systems, recognizing opportunities for improvement, monitoring performance of personnel in MSS as well as the various Medical Staff Departments and Committees, policies, procedures and legal governance documents, support of medical staff leadership, medical staff services operations, medical staff and hospital collaboration and demonstrates leadership by supporting and promotion current practices and by using and integrating current and future technologies.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
Credentialing, Privileging, Peer Review and Enrollment
Responsible for developing processes that support the medical/professional staff and their responsibilities as it relates to Joint Commission, CMS and NCQA accreditation compliance, Network and Rapid City Bylaws and the hospital’s mission and strategic plan. Components of this include but are not limited to:
- Directing and providing oversight to the credentialing, privileging, expirables, and appointment process.
- On a monthly basis track progress of appointments, reappointments, changes in status and enrollment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedures and techniques that impact privilege and proctorship plans.
- Leading Medical Staff Coordinators in maintaining, creating and updating privilege forms to fit all specialties.
- Maintain, create, and modify existing department policies to maintain accreditation standards for NCQA.
- Coordinate, maintain and reviews two (2) sets of Bylaws and Governing Documents to ensure that all accreditation standards and Conditions of Participation are continuously met.
- Ongoing reporting on enrollment denials, claims on hold and patterns in delayed payment to the Chief Financial Officer, Patient Financial Services Leadership, and the Managed Care Team.
- Coordinate and review all changes and reporting in Echo Credentialing Software.
- Direct oversight and planning of credentialing quality improvement projects as related to department specialists and coordinators.
Medical Staff Leadership Support
- Provide administrative support to VPMA, Chief of Staff, Department and Committee chairs and other Medical Staff Leaders.
- Carries out tasks assigned by the MECs and or Presidents of the Medical Staff.
- Mange processes related to investigative, disciplinary and legal proceedings, such as fair hearing and appeals.
- In collaboration with the VPMA, serves as liaison between the Medical Staff and Hospital.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Timely response to medical staff issues, facilitation of teamwork, and communication and issue resolution with other hospital departments.
- Create and implement improvements to MSS process workflows.
- Recruit, select, assist with training, and manage Medical Staff Services staff.
- Provide regular performance evaluations and educational opportunities for members of the department to promote professional growth and preparation for certification.
- Coordinate all projects related to provider & facility enrollment, credentialing and accreditation standards (ie. location changes, new services lines, delegation of credentialing, accreditation support for new and existing programs).
- Remains agile and flexible while anticipating future trends/opportunities.
- Fosters an environment of innovation, creation and implementation of new services and sustainability.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Business Administration Management
Experience - 3+ years of Supervisor Experience; 5+ years of Medical Staff Experience
Education - Masters degree in Healthcare
Certifications - Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryBusiness Administration
Job FamilyBusiness Services
DepartmentRCH Medical Staff Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply