If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyHealth Information Management
DepartmentRCH Health Information Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Director of Enterprise Health Information and Records contributes to the fulfillment of the Monument Health Mission and Vision by planning, designing, implementing and maintaining standardized programs, policies and management systems in all facets of medical records chart management, transcription and document management in support of initiatives across the system. Serves as a role model for ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of Regional Health. The Department Director of Enterprise Health Information and Records is responsible and accountable to ensure that the Department Goals and Objectives are aligned with the Corporate Objectives and Strategic Plan. The Department Director of Enterprise Health Information and Records is responsible and accountable to ensure that action plans are set in place to reach goals the organization should successfully attain for its strategies to succeed. He/she must deploy the resources and develop the goals to ensure employees understand the intent of the Strategic Plan /Operational Plan. He/she must pursue higher levels of organizational and human performance to include quality, productivity, and time performance aspects. He/she must ensure employees’ wellbeing and develop employees’ talents to adopt ideas, new processes, new technology, and new products to ensure successful innovation.
- Understands system and business practice concepts and work approaches used to systematically pursue ever-higher levels of performance. Understands or demonstrates understanding of strategic planning, research, and development and analysis processes that do not normally imply formal sequences of steps. Further understands or demonstrates understanding that high-performance work approaches are necessary to align the organization's efforts, as evidenced by improved customer relations' focus, quality initiatives, financial performance, and operational performance.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Ensures new ideas are adopted and implemented to continually support the healthcare mission while successfully accomplishing those goals the organization must attain for its strategy to succeed. Ensures employees share knowledge, understand decisions and the reasons why decisions are made and implemented.
- Coordinates release of all medical record information in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in a timely manner.
- Creates systems for clinical data for peer review, performance improvement, credentialing, and other practices, as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, guidelines, policies and procedures and integrates such knowledge into the registration process. Utilizes sound judgment and decision-making skills in applying these procedures and guidelines as evidenced by documentation and observation.
- Designs systems and methods that make data more accurate, complete and accessible where appropriate.
- Develops and manages capital and operational budgets in support of strategic plans and goals.
- Develops processes to support new systems like E-med records, so that new processes are appropriately utilized and maintained.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Develops, maintains, and reports on appropriate KPI as identified by industry sources and executive leader ship
- Coordinates with appropriate leaders to develop and complement indirect, or local market, reporting relationships as designated with HIM functionality
Maintains a direct reporting and management structure for all HIM services for CH, LDH, MHOSH, RCH, Spearfish Hospital, and Sturgis Hospital and locations as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Business Administration Management, Healthcare Administration, or similar or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of Healthcare HIM Experience; 3+ years of Epic HIM and coding experience, CPC, RHIT, RHIA
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply