If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryAssists with the planning, organization, and the operation of the department(s) to help achieve the goals of Monument Health and the requirements of the Joint Commission and other applicable federal, state, and local regulations and or accrediting agencies. Provides leadership in the provision of high quality of care, continuity of departmental work flow, patient care, and safety in the department. Promotes divisional and departmental goals and objectives in accordance with established policies.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Understands system and business practice concepts and work approaches used to systematically pursue ever-higher levels of performance. Understands or demonstrates understanding of strategic planning, research, and development and analysis processes that do not normally imply formal sequences of steps. Further understands or demonstrates understanding that high-performance work approaches are necessary to align the organization's efforts, as evidenced by improved customer relations' focus, quality initiatives, financial performance, and operational performance.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Ensures new ideas are adopted and implemented to continually support the healthcare mission while successfully accomplishing those goals the organization must attain for its strategy to succeed. Ensures employees share knowledge, understand decisions and the reasons why decisions are made and implemented.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Actively works to reduce operating expenses by improving processes, products, services, customer service, and reduction in cycle time.
- Conducts analysis of overall resource needs and creates aligned measures for work unit to meet these needs.
- Develops a cohesive team as demonstrated by opinion survey, department survey results, exit interviews, retention strategies, operational measurements and performance measurements developed by the department. Ensures team morale is high and positive so that team members are focused on accomplishing business results.
- Develops cross-functional business solutions to meet the needs of customers (physicians, patients, employees, and other departments).
- Ensures employees understand customer-focused performance relative to measures and indicators of customers’ perceptions, reactions, and behaviors; and creates measures and indicators of product and service characteristics that are important to customers (physicians, employees, department, and other organizations).
- All other duties as assigned
Education - Bachelor's degree
Experience - 1+ years of Supervisor Experience; 3+ years of Acute Experience
Education - Masters degreePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategorySenior Leadership
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply