If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryDirects and coordinates Regional Heart Doctor’s clinical research department and services by performing the following functions personally or through subordinates: Development, implementation, and continued evolution of systems that ensure adherence to research protocols, institutional policies, local/state/federal regulations, and “Good Clinical Practices" while advancing the science and art of healthcare in our community.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Serves as a knowledge expert and resource about the clinical trial process. Ensures compliance with protocols and Good Clinical Practice, coordinates activities with sponsors and oversees projects from study start-up to completion.
- Oversee clinical research performance and work with compliance department to develop processes and procedures to ensure research integrity at Monument Health.
- Develop the quality of clinical research at Monument Health by supporting clinical research training, career development, promoting engagement, and enhancing collaboration.
- Develop strategies to boost external funding and promoting commercialization of clinical research activities at Monument Health.
- Mentorship of early career researchers and students.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of scientific and clinical literature in relevant therapeutic areas including key clinical development issues.
- Perform investigator activities as per direction of Principle investigator and protocol. These activities include, but are not limited to physical exams, lab and ECG review, clinical surveys, adverse event identification/evaluation, clinical decision making, patient education, informed consent.
- Foster a culture and environment of innovative clinical research excellence within Monument Health. Identify training needs for team members and foster growth.
- Partner with Vice President of Operations, Medical Director of Clinical Research and Chief Medical Officer to establish the vision and strategic planning for clinical research.
- Responsible for assuring the strategic vision, direction, and management of clinical research department.
- Promote research opportunities at Monument Health and encourage/support investigator engagement in research activities.
- Develop and lead clinical research collaborations with key partners including academic research organizations, pharmaceutical/device companies, government institutions and contract research organizations.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for multi-disciplinary internal and external collaborations and the development of research projects consistent with Monument Health pursuits and needs.
- Represent Monument Health as delegated in appropriate research and other committees.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 5+ years of Clinical Research Experience
Education - Masters degree in Health Related Field
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryEducation and Research
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply