If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryIndependently performs a variety of tasks and support functions before, during, and after an autopsy. This position assists the pathologists with autopsies and any duties related to autopsies.
- Checking ID and autopsy permit, and alerting Pathologist.
- Assists the pathologist with external exam. This includes photography, removal of lines, bandages, casts, clothing, etc.
- Opens body with or without pathologist. Removes organs by technique specified by the pathologist, (with or without assistance of the pathologist) and alerts pathologist to any obvious abnormalities.
- Has all autopsy instruments available and ready for use.
- Obtains blood, urine and vitreous samples at the discretion of the pathologist.
- In forensic autopsies; assists both pathologist and law enforcement with evidence collection.
- Returns organs to body cavity after examination by pathologist. Sews the body cavity and scalp closed and cleans the body.
- Alerts housekeeping as to routine and/or specialized cleaning requirements of morgue and cold room.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and departmental information with no infractions.
- Maintains cooperative relationships (inter- and intra-departmental) with others.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Laboratory Experience
Education - Some College (1-2 years) in Related Field
Certification - Medical Lab Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technology (AMT), or Military Laboratory Specialist OR Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certification - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)/American Medical Technology (AMT) or Health and Human Services (HEW)
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply