If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryBegin your healthcare career with Monument Health! A Dialysis Technician is an exciting opportunity to start your career in the health care industry. Through extensive on the job training, you will gain the skills needed to care for dialysis patients, build a connection with other health care professionals, and become a valued essential team member. You will make a difference. Every day.
A Dialysis Technician will assist the nursing staff in providing efficient, effective, and safe dialysis treatments to patients while working within the national standards and in accordance with the South Dakota Board of Nursing. A Dialysis Technician will improve patient experience, demonstrate what it means to be part of a team, and raise the bar for patient care. It is not a job, but a career based on passion and purpose.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates knowledge of the complex principles of hemodialysis therapy while working in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
- Timely and accurate assembly of hemodialysis equipment per provider prescription.
- Perform cannulation of arteriovenous fistula and arteriovenous grafts.
- Performs initiation and termination of the hemodialysis treatment under the delegation of the Registered Nurse.
- In collaboration with the Registered Nurse, performs pre, post and intra-dialytic patient evaluation including vital signs, observing for signs of fluid overload or volume depletion, weight, and vascular access evaluation as evidenced by observation, feedback and documentation.
- Reinforces patient education in the areas of hemodialysis access, ESRD, hemodialysis procedure and complications, and dietary restrictions.
- Reports actual/potential problems to the appropriate individual(s) as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) - Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC)
***Certifications, if not current, must be obtained within 18 months of hire date***
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentRCH Dialysis Inpatient10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply