If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryAssists the nursing staff in providing efficient, effective, and safe hemodialysis treatments to hemodialysis patients. The dialysis technician works within the national standards and in accordance with the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates knowledge of the complex principles of hemodialysis therapy while working in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
- Timely and accurate assembly of hemodialysis equipment per provider prescription.
- Perform cannulation of arteriovenous fistula and arteriovenous grafts.
- Performs initiation and termination of the hemodialysis treatment under the delegation of the Registered Nurse.
- In collaboration with the Registered Nurse, performs pre, post and intra-dialytic patient evaluation including vital signs, observing for signs of fluid overload or volume depletion, weight, and vascular access evaluation as evidenced by observation, feedback and documentation.
- Reinforces patient education in the areas of hemodialysis access, ESRD, hemodialysis procedure and complications, and dietary restrictions.
- Reports actual/potential problems to the appropriate individual(s) as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) - Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) and Unlicensed Dialysis Technician (UDT) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
***Certifications, if not current, must be obtained within 18 months of hire date***
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply