If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyRegistration and Scheduling
DepartmentMHHVI Cardiac Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThis position involves working with patients in the outpatient setting who are receiving oncology treatment or infusion therapy. Will work in close coordination with our clinical staff and providers to schedule appointments; this includes office visits, diagnostic/ancillary services, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and infusion. Responsible for the coordination and completion of all scheduling and admission functions associated with oncology and infusion services. Must have excellent customer service skills with patients, co-workers, nurses, and providers.
- Schedules appointments in the computer per testing guidelines, and makes all attempts to meet the customer's expectations.
- Reviews pre-authorizations, re-authorizations or insurance verifications with clients as indicated.
- Reviews patient records, physician orders, protocols, and patient data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from management team as needs are identified.
- Accurately and efficiently assigns ICD-9 diagnosis codes, reviews medical necessity for designated tests/procedures and works with Healthcare providers to ensure accurate reimbursement according to Medicare guidelines.
- Prioritizes incoming phone calls and faxes from patients/families and other medical personnel and walk-in visitors.
- Coordinates immediate processing of any stat needs.
- Completes and submits charge tickets per protocol.
- Participates in orientation of new staff. Assists and supports staff/students as evidenced by observation and feedback. Takes on extended job functions. Involved with staff development or program development.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Scheduling Experience
Education - Associates degree in Healthcare
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply