If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryPerforms procedure using bone densitometry x-ray equipment under the supervision of physician. Processes bone density measurements using computer generated methods.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Applies knowledge of anatomical structures, disease processes, and other pathology as demonstrated in all scanning planes.
- Conscientiously follows all radiation protection practices in patient shielding, self-shielding, radiation monitoring, and is aware of radiation protection of others. reports any unsafe condition.
- Routinely prepares the patient and the equipment for the upcoming procedure.
- Educates the patient and/ or family regarding the procedure to be performed.
- Provides professional age-specific interaction with patients.
- Performs daily and weekly quality control on the unit.
- Performs DXA Scans that are of the quality required by the providers we serve.
- Research patient information in all data sites and present past and present scans to providers.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience
Certification - Certified Bone Densitometry Technologist (CBDT) - International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentMHMC-RC Flormann St. MIS General
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply