If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryBusiness Administration
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Development Officer reports directly to the Foundation Director and is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual and selected major gifts. As part of a fast-paced environment, this position maximizes major gift support from individual prospects to businesses and corporations for purposes of increasing awareness and achieving goals through philanthropic giving. This position plays a key role in the Foundation’s aspirational goals to increase philanthropic giving to Monument Health. This position does not supervise any staff members.
- The Development Officer builds strong relationships with major gift prospects and donors and actively develops a major donor pipeline.
- Devotes at least 60 percent of an annual work year’s hours to direct and conduct face-to-face meetings with identified, qualified potential and existing major gift donors and provide documentation of such activities as part of the Foundation’s Strategic Plan. Schedule will require occasional weekends, evenings, and extended hours.
- Develop a portfolio of qualified prospects. Cultivate and secure annual gifts. In consultation with the Foundation Director, provide personalized stewardship to donors. Work with clinical staff and physicians to produce funding opportunities and the growth of philanthropy at Monument Health.
- Develop/execute financial strategies to meet the organization’s philanthropic goals. Address the expectations in the Monument Health Foundation’s Strategic Plan that includes strategies, goals, targets and timelines for the MH Foundation philanthropic programs.
- Prepare reports and appropriate follow-up materials, record activities and notes in donor tracking information systems.
- Establish strategic working relationships with administration, Foundation staff, physicians, nurses and volunteers.
- Represent Monument Health to various business and service organizations and at business, civic and social events.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of major and planned gift vehicles and tax code in order to facilitate the most appropriate gift for the donor and Monument Health.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree required - equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered to satisfy this requirement
Experience - 3+ years of Relationship Development Experience; 3+ years of Fundraising Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply