If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$30.54
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe CT Technologist will work in Level II trauma hospital setting. Performs and is competent in Computed Tomography under the direction of the Radiologist. The CT Technologist must be able to independently acquire the proper exam for the Radiologist’s interpretation. The CT technologist is able to operate all CT equipment in the proper setting. The CT Technologist is required to work with patients in age group specific environments: pediatric, geriatric, febrile, and critical acute care; adjusting technique and positions for optimal examinations.
The CT technologist will be required to meet the needs of outpatients, inpatients and emergency department patients. Working in a high volume, Level II Hospital with ambulatory, non-ambulatory, acute and chronically ill, trauma and stroke patients. The CT Technologist is responsible for exam room presentation, patient transportation, entering exams into the Radiology Information System, scheduling CT exams, educating patients on exam prep instructions, obtaining correct orders and paperwork for records, billing, and communicating with Medical Staff as requested. The CT Technologist will obtain and maintain the knowledge needed for the PACS. Caregiver will be responsible for evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as directed by the department leader. The CT Technologist reports equipment malfunctions/failures to their immediate Supervisor, Maintenance staff, or Bio-med service as appropriate. The CT Technologist follows all policies and procedures as set by the Medical Imaging Department, the facility and the organization.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of CT radiation exposure, quality control, image reconstruction, specialized protocols in a Level II trauma hospital setting, including but not limited to TAVR, perfusion studies, Cardiac CTA, AFIB angiograms as well as complex trauma situations and angiograms. The CT technologist will be able to prioritize patients and demonstrates the ability to plan own work. Assists physicians in performing procedures. Provides learning environment.
- Monument Health is a teaching organization; all radiology technologists will provide a learning environment for the students completing their clinical rotation.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Higher exposure to bodily fluids, infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other conditions common in a level II hospital environment.
- Focuses on patient satisfaction by scheduling appointments promptly and courteously. Obtains accurate information and properly documents on patient scheduling system. Has positive attitude and customer service mind set. Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient with safe handling and moving of patients using ceiling and other lifts.
- Prepares and administers correct amount of contrast, using aseptic techniques as outlined in the Infection Control manual. Able to start and maintain IV lines. Documents appropriately in patients chart.
- Develops and maintains teamwork. Demonstrates willingness to learn new procedures and accepts additional responsibilities. Is on time and prepared to work scheduled hours.
- Documents appropriate information in patients’ charts.
- Participates in upkeep of department, i.e, cleanliness of work area, preventive maintenance, stocking of supplies, reports all malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Reviews patient’s condition, history, and physicians order; consults radiologist with any questions. Determines proper positioning, and selects correct patient from work list.
- Presents high quality images to Radiologists.
- Routinely prepares the patient and the equipment for the upcoming procedure. Educates the patient and/ or family regarding the procedure to be performed. Provides professional age-specific interaction with patients.
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certifications - **Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); (ARRT)(R) (CT) American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification with advanced certification in Cat Scan or completion of CT Registry within 12 months of hire
Education - Associates: Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Customer Service Experience; 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be BLS certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements:
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS CT Scan
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply