If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS CT Scan
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryPerforms CT examinations utilizing a variety of technical aspects that require judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in applying ionizing radiation to obtain diagnostic images. Promotes a cooperative and professional atmosphere with emphasis on patient care. Serves patients of all ages.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of CT radiation exposure, quality control, film processing, specialized protocols and demonstrates the ability to plan own work. Assists physicians in performing procedures. Provides learning environment.
- Prepares and administers correct amount of contrast, using aseptic techniques as outlined in the Infection Control manual. Able to start and maintain IV lines. Documents appropriately in patients chart.
- Develops and maintains teamwork. Demonstrates willingness to learn new procedures and accepts additional responsibilities. Is on time and prepared to work scheduled hours.
- Documents appropriate information in patients’ charts.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Presents high quality images to Radiologists.
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certifications - **Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA); Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Education - Associates: Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Customer Service Experience; 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be CPR certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements:
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply