If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryNurse Anesthetist
Job FamilyNurse Anesthetist - CRNA
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe CRNA is responsible and accountable to provide safe, efficient, and effective delivery and management of anesthesia and analgesia services for the surgical and obstetrical patient. The CRNA is also a resource person for neo-natal and adult resuscitation (codes), epidural analgesia for labor and delivery, post-operative pain management, acute or chronic pain management, and intravenous (peripheral or PICC line) catheter placement, as appropriate throughout the hospital. The CRNA is an Advanced Practice RN who works in collaboration with the physician, and independently to provide anesthesia services. Integrates education, research, management, leadership and consultation into clinical roles, and functions in collegial relationships with nursing peers and other professional and individuals who influence the health environment.
- Assesses Anesthesia care to assure its quality and contribution to positive patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates responsibility by responding to other anesthesia needs outside the surgery areas as well as unexpected or increased needs in the surgery area.
- Formulates a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care, and obtains informed consent for the planned anesthetic intervention from the patient or legal guardian.
- Implements and adjusts the anesthesia care plan during the peri-operative period, based on the patient’s physiological response. Monitor the patient’s physiologic condition as appropriate for the type of anesthesia and specific patient needs.
- Performs a thorough and complete pre and post anesthesia assessment with complete, accurate, and timely documentation of pertinent information on the patient’s medical record.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Preferred: Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Related Experience
Education - Masters degree in Health Related Field
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply