If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryQuality Risk Management and Compliance
DepartmentCS Compliance & HIPAA
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe incumbent is responsible to conduct coding, billing and documentation audit and monitoring activities for Monument Health facilities. Auditing and monitoring activities will be completed in a timely and professional manner as outlined in the Corporate Responsibility Audit Manual. The incumbent will also help to prevent, detect and resolve instances of conduct that do not conform to Monument Health policies or federal and state laws and regulations.
- Conducts compliance reviews including documentation and/or coding audits and monitoring activities, review of medical records, contracts, or other relevant information. Such reviews may be part of the annual Compliance & Audit Work Plan or as assigned throughout the year.
- Consistently applies the current and appropriate regulatory standards to medical services as evidenced by maintenance of coding continuing educational requirements.
- Consistently develops and assists with the development and/or delivery of timely and professional compliance education as evidenced by documented compliance curriculum and feedback from participants.
- Assist with the development, implementation, maintenance and revision of compliance policies and procedures.
- Communicate new or revised regulations and guidelines to department managers, staff, physicians and administration.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to ensure compliance on a consistent basis and documents accordingly.
- Assists with the development of strategies that promote regulatory compliance, best practices, and positive survey outcomes.
- Develops criteria for setting priorities and consistently prioritizes these systematic reviews so as to address the departments with the most significant impact as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and communicates results of audits and compliance investigations/reviews in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience - 1+ years of Coding Experience; 3+ years of Healthcare Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Business or Healthcare
Certification - Certified Coding Associate (CCA) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply