If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$17.22
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Community Health Worker provides direct public health support for the Community Health Worker (CHW) program. In collaboration with Monument Health stakeholders will aim to accomplish goals and objectives to support the social determinants of health of the patient and community served. The Community Health Worker are frontline public health workers who have a close understanding of the community they serve. The CHW will serve as a liaison/link/intermediary between health/social services and the patient/community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality of service delivery. Under indirect supervision, the CHW will partner with Ambulatory Case Manager to collaborate closely with medical providers, primary care teams, and social service agencies to promote care coordination and connection to resources that may improve patient/community health and general well-being. The CHW will work in both clinical and community-based settings. The Community Health Worker should have a passion for sharing knowledge about health promotion and have a keen understanding of the community. The CHW must provide culturally appropriate health support and information. The CHW must have a clear understanding of social health determinants and barriers and have a passion to eliminate health disparities.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Skilled in health promotion/coaching to deliver information to patients that positively contributes to their health status.
- Provide culturally appropriate health information and support to patients at the direction/collaboration of Ambulatory Case Manager, direct supervisor and healthcare team.
- Collects/documents data to meet clinical, financial, and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a patient, family & community advocate throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrates innovation and promotes technology to support identified continuum of care/social determinants of health needs of the patients and the communities served.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community partners.
- Collaborate with health specialists and civic groups to determine community health needs and the availability of services and develop goals to meet those needs.
- Continuously expands knowledge and understanding of community resources and services.
- Facilitates client access to community resources.
- Works to reduce socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
- Support CHW team by mentoring, coaching, and monitoring work.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within a team.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with the clients, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors, and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Work in collaboration with coding/billing to ensure consistent/standard charge capture.
- Accurately completes all required grant paperwork by established deadlines, in consultation with direct supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Driver's License - State; Within 60 days of hire, Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) and Within 8 months of hire, Community Health Worker (CHW) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Education - Associates in Healthcare field
Experience - 1+ years Healthcare; or 1+ years Patient Care; or 1+ years Home HealthPhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
DepartmentRCH Community Health Worker Program
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply