If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$44,137.60
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Communications Specialist (CS) is responsible for promoting the mission, core values and vision of Monument Health through effective communication strategies. The CS will monitor and influence Monument Health’s reputation while providing counsel, market intelligence and stakeholder perspective to market presidents and other system stakeholders. The CS works closely with system and market leadership to provide communications planning that influences public perception. The CS handles core communication and media relations tasks ranging from building media relationships and developing media materials, to planning, writing, and producing communications for internal customers. In this position, the CS should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and time management skills, show initiative and an ability to consistently manage deadlines. This role provides tactical program execution for the Strategic Marketing and Communications team. The CS will ensure external reputation matches internal aspirations and vision by creating awareness of, and appreciation for, the system’s services and mission among the general population both system-wide and locally. The CS promotes a culture within the department of goal-setting, strategic planning and evaluation to demonstrate value, accountability and alignment with system goals.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Work with a dedicated and talented team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Develop and implement communications strategies that greatly impact the success of the organization.
- Contribute to the Monument Health system by researching, developing and executing strategic initiatives that drive awareness.
- Develop and recommend innovative and creative tactics/plans to support new initiatives while providing support to current initiatives.
- Contribute to and compose media relations and communication plans. Research, write, proof, and edit materials to include news releases, press kit materials, scripts, newsletters, stories, marketing assets and executive messages, and others.
- Understand local and national traditional and social media outlets and create and maintain comprehensive media lists. Secure traditional and social media placements and actively pitch media; monitor and measure appropriate metrics.
- Monitor traditional and social media outlets for coverage and competitor developments; flag for appropriate team members.
- Proactively consume information from traditional and social media outlets. Research industry or program-relevant topics efficiently. Identify industry reporters, business reporters and bloggers.
- Work effectively as a member of an integrated marketing and communications team, facilitating storytelling for all internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate community speaking engagements for Monument Health caregivers, working in conjunction with appropriate internal departments.
- Perform other marketing and communication tasks, as assigned.
- Work to achieve the highest level of employee engagement, ownership and teamwork within the department.
- Perform responsibilities at the highest level, contributing to the system aspiration to be the best Healthcare system in America.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed to support various initiatives and projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or Related Degree
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Management Experience; 5+ years of Marketing/Communications Experience
Education - Masters degree in Related Field
Job CategoryBusiness Administration
Job FamilyMarketing and Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply