If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryPatient Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryCommunications department works as a 24 hours operation.
- PRN (as needed): Days | Evenings | Nights
- Employee must be very flexible in working all shifts.
Routes incoming calls to their destinations without delay. Monitors and dispatches appropriate personnel. Activates Emergency Preparedness procedures when necessary. Maintains direct radio communications with Plant Operations and Security. Operates the pocket paging system. Each operator shall be responsible for understanding the outlined responsibilities and performance standards and for implementing proper actions to meet these requirements.
● Screens all calls and either routes them to their destination or takes appropriate action to fulfill the request of the caller. Ensuring that accurate and timely communication is facilitated and that the department is presented in a positive manner.
● Knowledgeable of all emergency procedures outlined in the EPM. Implements proper action in drills and actual disaster or emergency situations. Files incident report following activation of these procedures. Reads the EPM and initials quarterly.
● Is aware of security procedures to: ensure appropriate physical access, system/network access, and process/data integrity. Identifies areas where existing security policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
● Employee is proficient with all computer applications required and used in the Communications Center environment and is able to effectively utilize the applications on a daily basis, as well as for special projects upon request.
● Employee is knowledgeable of all departmental equipment including alarm panels, hearing impaired/language line phones, and Zetron computer. Has the ability to understand equipment readouts, relay pertinent information, and perform other routine tasks.
● Knowledgeable and can perform the intake of repaired, returned, new or loaner pagers from vendor and properly documents, copies and processes all required steps to the process including notification to using departments.
● Coordinates courier or other various services as necessary in a professional and courteous manner. Ensures proper documentations of request and action is taken.
● Is flexible in work and break scheduling to optimize departmental support to the organization. As needed, responds to after normal working hours; to monitor, respond to, and remedy problems or emergency situations that may occur.
● Provide support to the organization, division, and peers as a critical function of all IT professionals. Support includes day-to-day peer level support, emergent after hours support, and any support required to maintain highly reliable IT systems.
● Document processes and activities appropriately to maintain highly reliable IT systems. Provide required elements to Call Tracking, Project Management, Change Management, and Disaster Recovery Services Guides to achieve this goal.
NA10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply