If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$23.36
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryAccurately and efficiently codes and abstracts comprehensive acute care inpatient, rehabilitation inpatient, outpatient surgery, swing bed, long term care, ancillary services and short stay observation patient records according to official coding guidelines for accurate coding and benchmarks for productivity. Evaluates and assigns accurate DRG, PAI, and APC assignment. The position responsibilities include 95% comprehensive assignment of inpatient ICD 9 diagnosis, DRG, Ambulatory Patient Classification assignments, comprehensive review of the entire inpatient, observation, or ambulatory record, accurate documentation capture for accurate and compliant code and procedure assignment. Responsibility includes occasional backup for diagnostic outpatients.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Analyzes, audits, and abstracts clinical record information for all patient encounters according to the established parameters. Ensures the accuracy, completeness, and propriety of medical information both text based and encoded in all patient care settings.
- Assists with keeping discharged unbilled accounts within limits as specified by CEO.
- Assigns and sequences diagnosis and procedure codes for all patient encounters utilizing applicable ICD-9, CPT-4 and HCPC coding systems. Keeps current with changes in statutory regulations to ensure coding compliance.
- Assists the Office Supervisor and Directors with miscellaneous office support tasks upon request.
- Assures confidentiality of Medical Records in accordance with hospital policy.
- Completes facility charges for outpatient services as assigned.
- Discharge Analysis Quality: Analyzes discharge records for completeness and accuracy of documentation and prepares deficiency lists for physicians by entering the needed items into the incomplete record system. a) SO/OPS Discharge Analysis Quality, b) Inpatient Discharge Analysis Quality.
- Educates, and communicates with Providers and Hospital workforce in the area of clinical documentation, DRG assignment and coding guidelines.
- Inpatient Coding and DRG Quality: Accurately selects appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes for all inpatient medical records in accordance with established guidelines, remaining under a 5% error ratio. Appropriately assigns correct DRG.
- Provides technical assistance for authorized data retrieval from the coding database. Serves as a resource for others with questions, inquiries concerning coding applications, compliance, and data interpretation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience - 3+ years of Hospital Coding Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Information Management
Certifications - Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); Certified Professional Coder - Apprentice (CPC-A) - American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyHealth Information Management
DepartmentRCH Health Information Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply