If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyHealth Information Management
DepartmentRCH Specialty Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryAccurately and efficiently codes and abstracts all patient anesthesia records to maintain Monument Health data in accordance with benchmarks and standards for accurate coding. Assures that accurate patient charges are entered into the billing system daily.
- Calculates accurate daily patient charges.
- Accomplishes follow-up on outstanding accounts which are completed by the anesthesia provider and available to the coder within one week, including pending lists and comeback charts.
- Assists other billing departments within the organization and/or outside agencies to compile information on previous patient charges.
- Assists with the continuity of patient care by compiling and maintaining accurate patient charges.
- Assures that patient information in the computer is accurate and attainable.
- Completes billing batch verification and corrections from data audited from charts. Adheres to JCAHO standards and Medicare certification requirements to meet corporate compliance requirements.
- Closes and posts charges daily to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Assists with patient audits. Obtains necessary information.
- Compiles daily patient information to be used at the end of month for statistical reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Coding Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Certifications - Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) - American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); Certified Professional Coder - Apprentice (CPC-A) - American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply