If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryEducation and Research
Scheduled Weekly Hours24
Job SummaryFunction as a readily approachable and effective "clinical resource" for the extended clinical research team. Provide clinical leadership through mentorship, education and provide direction for the activities of other research team members. Responsible for the research of and following through on clinical questions which arise. Responsible for the investigation and following through of clinical questions which may arise within areas of focus. Work with administrative, clinical and medical leadership to develop, implement, and facilitate the evolution of systems that ensure adherence to research protocols, institutional policies, local/state/federal regulations, and "Good Clinical Practices". Responsible for the full implementation and management of trials in direct collaboration with administrative and clinical leadership, investigators, sponsors, and clinical research organizations.
● Coordinates the efforts of case finding and recruitment of study patients.
● Discusses protocol participation with patients, completes eligibility forms and assures completion of informed consent.
● Identifies educational needs of study patients and their families, providing needed education or resources to meet learning needs. Utilizes critical thinking in implementing and coordinating medical and nursing interventions.
● Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to assure treatments are administered and modified according to protocol requirements and necessary testing is completed.
● Organizes and completes data collection. Develops forms when needed.
● Assists with adverse drug reaction reports. Responds appropriately to emergency situations, basing patient management decisions on individual patient needs.
● Prepares for record reviews and audits with on site teams, FDA, NCI, IRB or other agencies and sponsors when requested.
● Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration with clinical trials research team and medical/radiation therapy treatment team to provide access to new treatments when appropriate. Enhances and documents participation in standard treatments through active navigation of patients/families.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Clinical Research Coordinator Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professional
Experience - 1+ years Registered Nurse; 1+ years Clinical ResearchPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply